Trademarks and Copyrights
You’ve Made Your Mark – Now Protect It!
Beware of recent deceptive trademark solicitations! Click Here for more Information.
In the current global market, intellectual property is critical to identifying and differentiating your business. It is imperative that your innovative assets are adequately researched and protected to ensure a solid business foundation and continued success.
We can assist you with all of your trademark and copyright needs, including:
- registering your trademark with the USPTO;
- registering your trademark with individual states;
- maintaining your registration throughout the years;
- trademark infringement and dilution problems,
- licensing or assigning your trademark;
- buying trademarks;
- copyright protection for music, books, software, and visual arts; and
- business formation services
Advantages of Registration
Registering your trademark provides you and your business with several advantages including:
- presumption of exclusive ownership rights;
- constructive notice of your exclusive right to use the trademark throughout the United States;
- the right to use the federal registration symbol, “®”;
- registration becomes incontestable after five years;
- basis for registration in foreign countries;
- right to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods;
- right to sue in federal court; and
- right to recover your attorneys’ fees.
The trademark registration process can be confusing as well as deceptively simple. There is much more to obtaining a federal trademark registration than simply filling out a form and waiting a few weeks to get a registration certificate. There are many twists and turns that can serve as traps for the unwary and jeopardize the application.
We can help you every step of the way to ensure the most optimal results.